The theme for Reconciliation Week 2022 is ‘Be Brave. Make Change’.
Reconciliation SA is encouraging friends, allies and partners to embrace the theme in 2022 and build upon 2021’s efforts.
Reconciliation is a journey for all Australians – as individuals, families, communities, organisations and importantly as a nation. Let’s create opportunities within our community to come together and show our support for a more unified and just community.
We are encouraging people to take action within the Reconciliation movement…by moving!!!
Have some fun with us over the course of NRW, have a little competition in your workplace, school, sporting club or community group and participate in this years….
Lets Get Moving Competition
We all have a role to play when it comes to reconciliation, and in playing our part we collectively build relationships and build a community that is respectful and values the First Peoples’ of this country.
Walk, run or ride as far as you can individually, or with a group (remember to consider any Covid-19 restrictions) during Reconciliation Week (27 May to 03 June).
Each day logon to the Reconciliation SA website and record your distance.
In this way, we can all demonstrate our personal commitment to learn more about our rich and diverse Australian history and culture, and teach the world that reconciliation is….
Be Brave. Make Change.
Who can enter the competition?
Any and all persons can enter
How can we send our entry in?
- Log onto the Walk Reconciliation SA website and register your name and email
- Each day log in and record your steps
- Remember to REFER a friend or family member so they can participate
What do participants receive?
Each person who completes the 8-day challenge will receive a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
Prizes will be presented in the following categories
- Most KM travelled (individual)
- Most KM travelled (group)
- Most Referrals
What are the important dates?
- Register at anytime prior to May 27th, 2022
- Walking (or preferred activity) to be completed each day from May 27th 2022 to and inclusive of 3rd June 2022
- The last date to record your steps is June 4th, 2022
- The winners will be announced on Tuesday 7 June 2022 via Facebook at 3 pm